When I squeeze my left hand I get a shooting pain from my hand to my elbow. If I leave my arm in one position too long it gets sore and hard to move.?

Arthritis. It's not clear. Symptoms of arthritis are pain on movement after periods of rest which improve with gentle motion and heat. Often hands that are painful in the morning and get better as things get "warmed up" suggest osteoarthritis.
Arthritis/tendonitis. Both of the above can cause these symtoms and an evaluation by your doctor should be able to diagnose the problem.