Lately my bowels have been extremely sore. I feel like I need to use the restroom more and my rectum is slightly protruding. What can this be?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Rectal prolapse

Without seeing you, my best guess is either a rectal prolapse or swollen hemorrhoids.
Rectal prolapse is when the rectum pushes to the outside, and it can be just a bit or quite a lot. However, swollen hemorrhoids can appear similar to folks who aren't specialists. See a colorectal surgeon, who will be able to evaluate your concerns and guide you about treatment.

In brief: Rectal prolapse

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Brian Flyer

In brief: Rectum

Sounds like hemorrhoids.

In brief: Rectum

Sounds like hemorrhoids.
Dr. Brian Flyer
Dr. Brian Flyer
Dr. Keegan Duchicela