What are the side effects of Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) birth control pill in treating pcos and acne? In dilemma as to whether I should start or not.

Clotting and emboli. Acne develops after one has periods because of hormonally induced changes to the skin with more oils. Taking birth control pills helps to regulate this and can decrease acne. But even low dose estrogen birth control pills increases the risk of deep venous clots (DVT) and can risk the emboli to the lungs. A family history of clots is a contraindication. Hydration decreases risks of forming clots.
Has. The progestin in Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) blocks receptors for the hormone aldosterone and testosterone. Testosterone blockade, along with raising shbg (a binding protein), can improve symptoms of excess testosterone like hair growth and acne. Side effects include high potassium, low libido, and increased risk of blood clots (like all birth control pills).