Will a false tooth whiten?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Probably not
The cosmetic tooth is made of a different substance than your regular teeth.
. I doubt it would whiten with a tooth whitening product. However, most whitening is gradual... At the point you notice a difference.. You can stop the process. And given time, your teeth will stain again.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
In brief: No
False teeth can not be whitened.

In brief: No
False teeth can not be whitened.
Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry
In brief: Alternative idea
There is a possible alternative to whitening for a crown.
A lumineers can be placed over it and successfully change the color to a whiter shade.

In brief: Alternative idea
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
In brief: No
The materials false teeth are made from do not whiten.

In brief: No
Dr. Gregori Kurtzman
Dr. Gregori Kurtzman
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry
In brief: Unfortunately No
Unfortunately it is not possible to change the color of a false tooth.
(crown) it is possible today to attach a lumineer (no prep veneer) to an existing off color crown. So if you have one off color crown and you want to whiten your teeth, find a dentist with experience of this type and they will guide you as to how to get to your desired whiter shade.

In brief: Unfortunately No
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dentistry
In brief: NO
Whitening products do not a whiten a false tooth.
Whitening products contain an active ingredient known as carbamide or peroxide which reacts with a natural tooth rendering it a whiter shade. To whiten a false tooth, you will need to change out false tooth with a whiter shade.

In brief: NO
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
In brief: No!
False teeth, whether they be porcelain crowns, denture teeth, veneers.
..Are all made of different materials than natural teeth, hence the formulation to whiten natural teeth will not work on false teeth of any type. My suggestion would be to whiten your natural teeth and than have your dentist fabricate a new false tooth to match the new lighter shade of your natural teeth! good luck!

In brief: No!
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
In brief: Teeth Whitening?
No false teeth (like a crown) will not whiten.
Sometimes you can lighten the rest of your teeth in a controlled manner and it can still blend in.

In brief: Teeth Whitening?
Dr. Scott Greenhalgh
Dr. Scott Greenhalgh
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dentistry
In brief: Porcelain Crowns
Unfortunately porcelain teeth do not whiten.
The reason we are able to whiten teeth is because they have pores that absorbe the stains of food, coffee, tobacco, etc. We use strong peroxides to flush the stains absorved by teeth to return them to their natural enamel color. Porcelain teeth are not porous and will remain at the original color the crown was made regardless how much you bleach.

In brief: Porcelain Crowns
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Sam Shahoveisi
Dentistry
In brief: No
No.

In brief: No
No.
Dr. Sam Shahoveisi
Dr. Sam Shahoveisi