What can I do to lower GGT and colesterol?My HDL colesterol is 41.Any advice would be good.I used to abuse in alchool in the past.Nowmysin is redmeat.

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: On the right track
I am not sure you can do anything else to lower your gft than giving up alcohol.
Kudos to you for having done that. I would recommend a healthy diet low in fat and cholesterol more plant based plus fish. Red meat in moderation or not at all. Whether you need meds for cholesterol depends on details of your lipid profile and other risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes and family history.

In brief: On the right track
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Rodney Samaan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Exercise
Exercise works and Niaspan (niacin) work.
Also can try fish oil. I promote a form of fish oil that has no mercury toxins see drsamaan.Meta-ehealth.Com.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. Rodney Samaan
Dr. Rodney Samaan
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology