My liver values are 105 ggt.I don't drink alchool and I eat various food.They where at 75.Is it from the apendice removal?Anthibiotics for 5days...

Dr. Richard Orr
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Maybe
Some antibiotics can cause increases in liver enzymes, but most drugs given for appendicitis for a short time will not cause that.
Ask your doctor - there may be other drugs that you have taken. Many pain medicines have a lot of acetominophen added to the narcotic. Large doses of acetominophen can cause liver damage.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Difficult to know
I doubt it is from your appendix surgery.
Antibiotics i doubt but depends upon which and what dosis you receive. Most ikely could be just congestion in the liver or fatty liver or effect from other medicine. Ggtp is more sensitive for the liver but not specific. Let your dr. Look for a reason. Rule out hepatitis a, b or c or cirrhosis.

In brief: Difficult to know
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery