I've pus like sores at the corner and in my nose. Doc say its herpes brought on by stress this ocurr times before but could it be staph infection.?

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: Probably not

When you hear hoof beats in the distance, it is probably a horse coming your way.
It might be an antelope, or a zebra, but probably not. Herpes outbreaks in and around the nose are common can appear exactly as your described. Staph, though possible, is less common. I would trust your md, but if it persists beyond 2 weeks or gets more complex, no one is offended by a second opinion or further tests.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis