Is it ok to get pregnant right after having the Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD removed?

Dr. Brian Nguyen

The Mirena (levonorgestrel) should have no impact on your ability to get pregnant and carry a pregnancy.
I am however worried about your age and suggest that you see an OBGYN to discuss the risks/chances of your getting pregnant in order to optimize your chances.

Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Liza Kunz
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Wait one month

You can get pregnant right after removal, however consider waiting one normal cycle first.
This will allow your endometrial lining to be a more normal thickness (it gets thinner with mirena) and you may have a lower risk of early pregnancy bleeding.

In brief: Wait one month

Dr. Liza Kunz
Dr. Liza Kunz
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham