Can my baby decipher the tone in my voice?

From he time he is in your womb, your baby is recognizing your voice, infants are attuned to our voices and emotions.
By the time your baby is born it will only take a couple of weeks for him to figure out it the voice belongs to you. Parents tend to increase the pitch and change the cadence of their voice when talking to babies. It is suggested this helps learn different speech patterns.

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy

Your baby knows your voice very well from early on and will understand your tone if used in appropriate situations with consistency.
This is how they learn what tones in your voice mean when you use them.

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Cindy Juster