Had blood work done what is a vldl test?

Syphilis screen. And a very helpful syphilis screen, though other things can give a positive result as well. Your physician will sort this out. Anybody can have syphilis -- you can get it before you're born and never know.
1 of 5 Lipoproteins. Lipoproteins carry all fat molecules around the body in the water outside cells & have traditionally been divided, by density (or size), into 5 major groups. Vldl is one of the 5, see the illustration. Ldl-uldl have beta lipoprotein as their primary protein & distribute fats around the body - all tend to drive atherosclerosis, depending on concentrations. Hdl, Alpha lipoprotein, can be protective.
Cholesterol test. I believe my colleagues have mis-read the question. The vldl is a type of cholesterol test; very low density lipoprotein. This is a subset of the "bad" cholesterol, LDL or low density lipoprotein. My colleagues got confused with the vdrl test for syphillis. The vdrl (veneral disease research laboratory) test is similar to the RPR in that it checks for syphillis antibodies.
Cholesterol test. Vldl stands for very low density lipoprotein. This is a type of "bad cholesterol". Vldl is sometimes used as a secondary marker of evaluating your risk of cardiac disease. Essentially the lower your vldl the better.