Partial hysterectomy what are precautions after surgery?

Dr. Nancy Kimber
Gynecology

In brief: Depends

I depends on how the surgery was done.
If you had a large incision on your abdomen then you should not be lifting more than 10-15 pounds for several weeks. If you had it done through the vagina or laparoscopically (small incisions) you don't have to worry about lifting restrictions. I also suggest that nothing go in the vagina for 6 weeks. Talk to your doctor about the specific details.

In brief: Depends

I depends on how the surgery was done.
Dr. Nancy Kimber
Dr. Nancy Kimber

In brief: PAP smears

Partial hysterectomy usually means that cervix was not removed , same precautions as who did not have surgery, regular visits to the physician for pap smears for early detection of cancer of cervix.

In brief: PAP smears

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Same

The precautions would be the same as for a complete hysterectomy.

In brief: Same

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery