Is it ok to stop using oxygen? I've been using supplemental oxygen since my lung surgery 4 months ago. My o2 levels are now in the upper 90's, heart

Dr. Adrian Baudy IV
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Not until evaluated

By your doctor. You should be re-access under the supervision of you doctor to make sure than you don't desaturate and become hypoxic.

In brief: Not until evaluated

Dr. Loki Skylizard
Must agree. There are specific criteria to justify home and portable oxygen supplementation. Similarly, there are specific assessments and criteria to justify/determine appropriate time to discontinue home and portable oxygen supplementation. This can only be determined with thorough assessment by your thoracic team, including thoracic surgeon, pulmonologist, and family medicine physician. Any patient that has required post thoracic surgery home care, should have close care monitoring and coordination between the surgical and primary care/family medicine teams.
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Oxygen; lung surgery

Best to ask surgeon and pulmonologist if stopping o2 is ok.
They may wish to taper off. But basically they know your case well & can better determine your lung & heart status.

In brief: Oxygen; lung surgery

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology