Can I ever stop taking my diabetes insipidus medication i got it after my car crash and I wanna stop taking it ?

Emily Lu
In brief: Talk to your doctor
Noone can fully answer this question except the doctor who put you on the medication in the first place.
The answer depends on how severe or persistent your illness is. If you continues to urinate and have to drink water often, then you are not ready to go off it. Talk to your doctor about your individual condition.

In brief: Talk to your doctor
Emily Lu
Emily Lu
Answer assisted by Emily Lu, Medical Student
Dr. James Long
In brief: Diabetes insipidus
Wow. You must've had a pituitary stalk injury.
Please see and endocrinologist who will do a water deprivation test to see if you need it anymore.

In brief: Diabetes insipidus
Dr. James Long
Dr. James Long
Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Discuss w/ Endo
Sometimes diabetes insipidus after a car accident can be permanent (need lifelong med), and sometimes it is only transient (might be able to get off).
To know which category you're in, you need to see your endocrinologist.

In brief: Discuss w/ Endo
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law