I had daytime sleep study. Diangosis idiopathic hypersomnia. I have cataplexy. How can I not have narcolepsy if it says you have it if you have cataplexy.

Four Components. Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder where each of the following symptoms are usually present: 1) excessive day-time sleepiness, 2) sleep paralysis, 3) cataplexy, and 4) hypnagogic hallucinations. Decreased rem latency (abnormally short time before entering rem sleep) is present. Diagnosis is usually made by sleep specialist after a polysomnogram (sleep study).
REM sleep. Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder in which one's rem sleep phase occurs earlier in the night and can even start right after falling asleep. With other symptoms of narcolepsy, like cataplexy, sleep paralysis and sleep-related hallucinations, rem sleep is involved and turns on at the wrong time. If a sleep study did not show rem sleep on eeg early in sleep, then narcolepsy is not considered the cause.
Narcolepsy. If someone strictly goes by textbook then you have to have two sorems on mslt. You can test for your orexin levels, and repeat sleep study with mslt and mwt in a university sleep lab.
Cataplexy. If you are sleepy, have sleep attacks, hypnagogia, and/or sleep paralysis then that lends credence to a diagnosis of narcolepsy though cataplexy alone is usually enough to be diagnostic of narcolepsy. Best to ask your doctor about the results. Maybe there is something else that is of concern, such as on the psg.