What is the good diet in pregnancy?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Well-balanced, fresh

There are many people in most OB offices who can provide pamphlets or list of links to recommended diets and recipes.
Women should ask for these. Many of us recommend organic or locally grown food. Most suggest that women make their own food rather than buy mixes or processed products. The diet must be balanced and have the right amount of essential nutrients for pregnancy--see cdc, march of dimes.

In brief: Well-balanced, fresh

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Also see my Guide: What FOOD will keep my growing family and me healthy?
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: 300 calories more

You only need 300 extra calories daily to support a healthy pregnancy and gain the appropriate amount of pregnancy weight.
Lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, fats in moderation, and prenatal vitamins would be great otherwise.

In brief: 300 calories more

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Jane Van Dis