I have tingling on the right side of my head sometimes and sharp pains at other times what causes that?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Tingling

You may have trigeminal neuralgia, a disorder of the 5th cranial nerve.
Or you may be developing shingles on that side. In either case, see your primary care doctor if the problem persists.

In brief: Tingling

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Neurosurgery

In brief: Trigeminal Neuralgia

This may also be trigeminal neuralgia.
Typical tn is a sharp, intermittent, lancinating pain into the forehead, the cheek or the jaw line. The first line of treatment is and evaluation by a neurolgist and then medication. It is caused by compression of the fifth cranial nerve by a blood vessel next to the brainstem.

In brief: Trigeminal Neuralgia

This may also be trigeminal neuralgia.
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Ophthalmology

In brief: Postherpeticneuralgi

Have you had shingles? This sounds like postherpetic neuralgia, as cranial nerve v(5) is affected.

In brief: Postherpeticneuralgi

Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung