I take Zoloft (sertraline) for depression/anxiety and I still have bad anxiety which is also a side effect.. What can I do to help ease the anxiety?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Change or add meds
Might try an sari that is less stimulating (celexa Lexapro Luvox etc) and /or add a tranquilizer (ativan Xanax (alprazolam) Klonopin etc).

In brief: Change or add meds
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Anxiety
Adding anxiety medication for short-term might be an option.
Consult your doctor.

In brief: Anxiety
Consult your doctor.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: Change medication
Sertraline is a good medication for anxiety, but everyone's chemistry is a little different.
If you're more anxious since starting the medicine, then it's probably the wrong medication for you. Some people who feel "anxious" may have a mood instability, like a mild form of manic-depression. For them, a mood stabilizer, like lithium or topiramide might be a better choice. Talk to your doctor.

In brief: Change medication
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum