I recently found out that tegratol can help with add and terrets syndrome. How accurate is this?

Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Tegretol and ADHD

I have not heard that.
There is no recent peer-reviewed research on the matter that i can find. In fact, tegretol (carbamzepine) has multiple case reports of worsening rather than helping tic disorders such as tourette's. I would postulate no benefit in adhd, either, because the mechanism of action and pathways of action are different.

In brief: Tegretol and ADHD

I have not heard that.
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: Could be PANDAS

Pandas is a neurological disorder caused from chronic strep infection.
Throat cultures are often negative so blood must be tested. Pandas can cause tourette's syndrome and adhd symptoms as well as obsessive compulsive symptoms and other psychiatric symptoms.

In brief: Could be PANDAS

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Eric Weisman