I have nerve damage in my feet from diabetes. Mostly numbness but some pain too. If I can keep blood sugar under control will my feet get better?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: It is possible
Some diabetic nerve damage is reversible.
Watch you sugar intake, and have your vitamin b levels checked and supplemented as necessary.

In brief: It is possible
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Unlikely
Unfortunately, oftentimes it doesn't reverse or go away even if you start controling your diabetes (might even transiently worsen for a brief amount of time when you first tighten your blood sugar control).
However, even if its bad now, it can get worse so it is still definitely worthwhile focusing on improving your diabetes control.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: May or may not
It all depends on the reversibility of the damage.
If the damage is not permanent, it may get better, but if it is, it won't, but it is still worth trying to get it under control, so it won't get worse.

In brief: May or may not
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc