Why do I get a headache on the right side of my head?

Many possibility. Unilateral headache can be migraine, TMJ pain, temporal arteritis and others including a brain tumor. Start with your primary care physician!
Migraine. One sided headaches could be migraines, tension type headaches and what's missed often, but probably one of the most frequent causes of headache is TMJ dysfunction. Simple analgesics like Excedrin may work in case of all of those headaches. Heat may help as well. If you have visual changes, jaw claudication (freezing), muscle aches, this may be sign of a more serious problem requiring attention.