I have an IUD for birth control, but I skip periods sometimes, is that normal? Or can I be pregnant?

Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Yes to both
It is not unusual to have irregular periods with or without an iud.
It is unlikely that one is pregnant due to the very low failure rate of iud's. However, it is not 100% and if suspect pregnancy, important to do pregnancy test. If positive, notify md immediately due to the risk of having an ectopic pregnancy.

In brief: Yes to both
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Depends
If you have mirena, (levonorgestrel) you may go without a period for a while or altogether. That's expected of it.
If you have copper iud, paraguard, you normally would have your monthly periods. If you are in real doubt, $1 pregnancy test from the dollar tree may return your mind to peace.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
you're welcome. don't worry then!
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham