Can steroid abuse cause high white blood cell count and protein in your urine ? My white blood cell count is 15

Pathology

In brief: Maybe but...

Our first concern is to rule out a serious infection (is your peripheral smear abnormal? Are the white cells primitive / angry-looking? Do you have symptoms?) and real kidney disease (how much protein, is it mostly albumin?) i hope you'll reconsider anabolic steroid use (if it's this kind of steroid); every guy i know who's tried this has regretted it.

In brief: Maybe but...

Dr. Charles Greenberg
General Practice

Depending on the steroid it can cause an increase in red and white blood cells.
I assume it is abn anabolic steroid. They can also cause hypertension and protein in urine. Best to see a md and get this evaluated.

Dr. Charles Greenberg
Dr. Charles Greenberg
Pathology

In brief: Yes.

What type of steroid are you abusing?

In brief: Yes.

What type of steroid are you abusing?
Dr. Vicken Poochikian