I have a mole on my face and I want to remove it...Can I remove it is it possible.?

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Plastics

You should not remove the mole on your face by yourself.
You should see a physician, preferably a plastic surgeon for evaluation for removal.

In brief: Plastics

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Can be removed

Moles are often removed by plastics or derm doctors.
Keep in mind that you will trade the mole for a scar. Hopefully scar will be less noticeable or easier to cover with makeup, but a scar none the less.

In brief: Can be removed

Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: No, not by yourself

Depending on size and location on the face the mole can be removed with a shave excision, simple excision, or if larger with small flap.
There will usually be a slight scar. The cosmetic outcome should be discussed with the dermatologist or surgeon you choose to see.

In brief: No, not by yourself

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
David Miller

In brief: Do NOT do it

This mole can likely be removed but you don't want to do it yourself.
Go see your doc. Unless it's really big or in a bad spot, your family doc should be able to help you just fine.

In brief: Do NOT do it

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Full thickness

Complete excision of the mole should be undertaken, if possible, and through all layers of the skin.
This is not practical at home and generally requires stitches.

In brief: Full thickness

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: See a facial plastic

Surgeon... Removal of a mole is usually straightforward, and can be done in the office.
Depending on the location and the appearance of the lesion, there are different means available for removal of the mole. If they mole is enlarging, ulcerating or bleeding, have it seen sooner rather than later.

In brief: See a facial plastic

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman