Is something wrong if my hips, knees, ect. Constantly crack throughout the day when I move? I'm only nineteen yrs old

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Hypermobility

This is an inherited condition of increased elastic tissue and slippage of your joints.
It is called hypermobility syndrome. Exercise to help improve your muscle tone will be your best protection. When you see your physican the hypermobility can be pointed out. In this setting 1/2 of your relatives can also be hypermobile.

In brief: Hypermobility

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Cracking joints

Hard to say! it's been many years since i did sports medicine.
A crass rule of thumb i told my troops was: "if it hurts, it may be a problem. If it doesn't, ignore it!" i'm less crass today, so i'd recommend seeing a doctor skilled in joints, such as an orthopedic surgeon, rheumatologist, sports medicine doctor, or internist/family practitioner with special interest in joints.

In brief: Cracking joints

Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Weisman