I'm 34 and had asthma most of my adult life. Will it ever go away or am I stuck with it?

Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: Asthma is for life
You can bring the symptoms under good control and may never have symptoms again but the risk is always there.

In brief: Asthma is for life
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Come & go
Asthma is unpredictable with symptom intensity changing all the time.
You suffer from it for a while, then it gets better, then it might or might not come back. In rare cases, you will have permanent sustained symptoms. The biggest mistake is to stop the controlling medications as soon as symptoms improve. Stick with it and your chances of recovery will improve.

In brief: Come & go
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology