How to increase the red blood cell count in a acute leukemia patient?

Blood transfusions. Blood transfusions are the best and fastest way to correct anemia in patients with acute leukemia. Drugs to try and help the bone marrow produce more red blood cells are mot typically recommended.
Difficult. In this case the cancer and ongoing chemotherapy makes it difficult to maintain the red blood cell count. A nutritious diet containing red meats, cooked green vegetables and take multivitamins if ok with your doctors. Some patients may benefit from oral iron tabs if their levels are low. Red blood cell transfusions are used for severe anemia and growth factors (erythropoetin) are not used.