What can cause left side of my jaw to lock to where I can't open mouth completely wide. I have to shift jaw to right to "unlock" it w/ a hard, loud pop?

David Miller
In brief: TMJ
It sounds like you might have tempero-mandibular joint syndrome (tmj), an inflammatory and degenerative condition affecting the joint between the lower jaw and cheek bone.
You should get this checked out to see what treatments are available to you. There are some dos who use omm to treat tmj. Definitely worth checking out if one is in your area.

In brief: TMJ
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Mike Bowman
Avoid opening your mouth that wide. Keeping a soft diet for a few weeks, hot compresses to the affected side, and some OTC advil will help with discomfort. If this problem is persistent, seek a OMFS/TMJ specialist. Your dentist may be able to help with a bite splint as well.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian