If my echo&x rays i had around 2 months ago were normal is there any reason to fear enlarged heart? Shortness of breath but I have anxiety

Dr. Shari Jackson
Radiology

In brief: No

An echocardiogram is as good as it gets for identifying enlargement of the heart (cardiomegaly).
This test also can detect congenital anomalies or functional problems with the heart. Xrays are pretty good for determining size, as well. If both of these tests were normal, you should not worry that you have an enlarged heart.

In brief: No

Dr. Shari Jackson
Dr. Shari Jackson
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Not a reasonable fea

If two months ago you had the same symptoms and had an echo and cxr which were normal and you now have the same symptoms, you have demonstrated that your symptoms are not due to an enlarged heart.
You have very little to fear about the heart mysteriously enlarging in the interim.

In brief: Not a reasonable fea

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine