How long after a tongue piercing can I drink beer?

Dr. Park Firebaugh
Dentistry

In brief: Good decision?

Were you drinking beer when you got the piercing? Be aware that tongue piercings can cause fractures in enamel, even when they are made of a softer material.
Piercings also can strip gum tissue on the back of your teeth.

In brief: Good decision?

Dr. Park Firebaugh
Dr. Park Firebaugh

In brief: Hold off a few days

I would hold off a few days just to be sure there are no complications with the piercing.
Sometimes they can become infected and may start to swell and you shouldn't be drinking beer if that starts to happen.

In brief: Hold off a few days

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: No special wait

There's no specific problem with having beer if you have a rogue piercing.
There are several problems though having the tongue rings, etc! infections, accidental lacerations and chipped teeth all are likely over time.

In brief: No special wait

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler