I am a 64 year old female with osteoporosis. How much supplemental calcium should I take?

Dr. Mary Carroll
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: 1200mg daily

N get this from food, especially dairy and calcium supplements.

In brief: 1200mg daily

Dr. Mary Carroll
Dr. Mary Carroll
Dr. David Sneid
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Total of 1500 mg

Generally, your total calcium intake (diet + supplements) should be about 1, 500 mg, taken with meals in divided doses.
You also need about 2000 units of vitamin d3/day. Check with you physician to make sure there isn't a contraindication to either of these meds. Most importantly, saftyproof you house and life, and avoid falls and trauma.

In brief: Total of 1500 mg

Dr. David Sneid
Dr. David Sneid
Dr. Jose Bolanos
Recent research is showing we are wrong on calcium replacement, more risk for kidney stones. Recommend Vit D3 and walking, exercise natura
Dr. Adam Smith