Why do I have trouble breathing when I work out?

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Many possibilities.

Shortness of breath with exercise can be caused by many things.
Heart disease, as well as simple (asthma) and more complex pulmonary (lung) problems should be sought. This assumes you are not simply deconditioned (aka out of shape) relative to the intensity of exercise you're doing. See a good doctor and describe your symptoms. I'd need at least that and a physical exam to help you more.

In brief: Many possibilities.

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Jon Spiers
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: There are near

Countless reasons.
You could be out of shape, or you could have a terrible, life-threatening disease. A simple visit to your doctor can help you narrow it down. And at 24, it is probably not as bad as you think!

In brief: There are near

Countless reasons.
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine