Could surgery remove the ovarian cysts?

Yes. Surgery can remove ovarian cysts. This can be cystectomy where the cysts are removed but the ovarian is left otherwise intact. It can also be oophorectomy where the entire ovary is removed. Many ovarian cysts, however, can resolve on their own.
Yes if needed. Surgery can remove ovarian cysts, but they can also return even after surgery. Laparoscopic surgery can be used in some cases, and i believe that there may be medications that your gynecologist may try (hormones). Many types of ovarian cysts can also resolve on their own, unless they are very large.