I am 32 weeks pregnant I noticed sudden swelling in my face, have had a headache for the past few days, im very dizzy, blurred vision.My BP now 177/87 ?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: This cannot wait
Symptoms of headache and dizziness accompanied by rising blood pressure and swelling can be associated with preeclampsia.
That can be a problem for the pregnant woman and her baby, especially if preterm. Calling an OB doctor is what is recommended even at night, especially if the local nursery cannot provide care for a premature baby in case delivery is needed. If alone or cannot reach OB call 911.

In brief: This cannot wait
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Go to hospital now
This is a serious complication of pregnancy called preeclampsia and requires immediate treatment.
Go to er/labor and delivery immediately.

In brief: Go to hospital now
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Preeclampsia
You have preeclampsia - high blood pressure during pregnancy with serious consequences for you and the baby.
Get to an emergency department asap!

In brief: Preeclampsia
Get to an emergency department asap!
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine