I am terrible with money and depressed most of the time. I have always been told I am so creative. I have researched the symptoms. Bipolar? Only 19

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Mood problem

You may have mood problem of some type, but i wouldn't necessarily say someone had bipolar disorder with the symptoms you mention.
A lot of folks are bad with money. Can you make an appt with a board certified psychiatrist to help you sort out your case?

In brief: Mood problem

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: May be possible

Certainly bipolar disorder can include reckless spending, binges of over the top attempts at creativity & crashes into depression.
All of those together with random & wide shifts in moods from euphoric creativity attempts to depressive bouts of hopeless & at times suicidal depression, can clinch the diagnosis. There are many variations in bipolar disorder but all have irritability and sleep issues.

In brief: May be possible

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Wise to wonder

Many people with bipolar (and other mood disorders) are loathe to look into it, or to consider treatment.
It sounds as though you have at least one leg up. As colleagues have suggested, seek out a local well-trained pro (a psychiatrist) and investigate carefully. The long-term trajectory of your life (as well as your immediate sense of well-being) may be profoundly improved. Very best of luck!

In brief: Wise to wonder

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover