I fractured my big toe but most of the pain and swelling is in the foot could I torn a ligament also?

Possibly. Or a tendon is ssible as well, like your ehl tendon. Or simply, your gait has changed to protect the fracture so your overusing certain muscles t hely causing the swelling.
Contact a podiatrist. You may have other injuries as well. You must be examined and evaluated as to what you need. The sooner you do this the better.
Need . Mri to see if any soft tissue injury occurred along with fracture. Discuss with your treating doctor.
Fracture. As with a different trauma question , there are many structures in the foot that can be injured with trauma beyond bones. See your podiatrist for an evaluation.