How long do I need to be in an arm sling and when can I remove it. Into my 4th week since fracturing my clavicle.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Followup

I would go by your doctors directions, but in general slings are for comfort only with clavicle fractures, they do not really make them heal any faster. For most clavicle fractures, I let my patients come out as soon as they are comfortable enough to do so.

In brief: Followup

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Brian Badman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

I would defer to your treating physician but generally speaking, i treat a minimally displaced clavicle fracture in a sling for about 4 weeks and then allow the patient to come out to begin active assisted forward motion.
If it doesn't hurt over the fracture site and doesn't feel like its moving thats a good indication that you have fracture callous there. I would avoid weight & sports x 6wks.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Brian Badman
Dr. Brian Badman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil