I have lower back pain all the time and massauges only make it go away for a little while. I'm stressed out alot. Is this why I have this back pain?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: What is & not
Scoliosis does cause back pain unti 30's.
Sacroiliac inflammation is most likely, but signicant spondylolisthesis and degenerative disc disease is possible, since you are not having sciatica.

In brief: What is & not
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: It's possible
Stress can definitely make back pain worse.
It could potentially cause it as well. I would first check in with your doctor for a complete exam, diagnosis, and treatment plan. Whatever the cause of your back pain do discuss stress management with your physician as well as chronic stress can cause other medical problems.

In brief: It's possible
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Vikram Patel