I have a 4.5 x 3.5 thyroid nodule: solid, hypervascular. My tgab is at 70 and TSH is 3.15. I am symptomatic. Is this a cancer marker?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No

Tgab and TSH are not cancer markers.
It's important to know if the nodule is 4.5 cm or mm? If cm, you should get an ultrasound guided biopsy. If mm, it is very small and just need surveillance. If you are young and already symptomatic with a 4.5 cm thyroid mass, surgery is an option for you. Please discuss all this with your doc.

In brief: No

Tgab and TSH are not cancer markers.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen

In brief: Thyroid nodules

Many people have thyroid nodules.
Most are benign. There are many features that a radiologist will look for in thyroid nodules to help determine if further evaluation is needed. The most important features are calcification, taller than wide nodules and irregular microlobulations. If need be a fna or core biopsy can be preformed. If this is a solitary nodule and depending on your age a simple biopsy could be performed.

In brief: Thyroid nodules

Many people have thyroid nodules.
Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Dr. Andrea Brand