Is my baby allergic to my diet?

Dr. Annie Emmick

In brief: No

Nursing babies may rarely have allergies to mom's diet, most often seen as a rash over the chest, back, arms and legs.
Eggs, dairy, and nuts are the most common causes. If you suspect an allergy, eliminate the foods one at a time to see if the symptoms resolve. An allergy specialist may also be able to help diagnose this through skin testing, which is more accurate than allergy panel blood tests.

In brief: No

Dr. Annie Emmick
Dr. Annie Emmick
Dr. Roy Benaroch

In brief: No

Probably not.
There are a lot of myths about diet, but it is truly unusual for babies to have an allergic reaction to anything in mom's diet. With the possible, single exception of cow's milk, no other item in mom's diet has been conclusively shown to trigger a reaction in babies (and even cow's milk would be rare.).

In brief: No

Probably not.
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Jonathan Jassey