My daughter's almost 9 yrs old & still wets the bed how do I fix this?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Stepwise

1)have urine tested - will probly be norma 2)withold fluids after supper 3)try toileting when parents go to bed might result in dry bed 3)take care of own bedding laundry 4) try enuresis alarm, u may have to help her get up and go 2 br during night - use coach-like pep talk re alarm at bedtime 5)may require desmopressin(ddavp) with or wout alarm6) rarely long acting anticholinergics or imipramine.

In brief: Stepwise

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: You don't

Many children wet the bed up to age 11.
They do outgrow it. Usually there is a first degree relative (mom dad, aunt, uncle etc) who wet the bed late. The oldest treatment is still the best...A bed wetting alarm. You can discuss with your doctor limited use of ddavp (desmopressin)...Antidiuretic hormone. I will prescribe it for sleepovers and camps but do not like it for regular use.

In brief: You don't

Many children wet the bed up to age 11.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey