As a newly trained fitness instructor, what is important for me to do or take (vitamin)to avoid over straining my body & how do I best look after it?

Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Use good sense
The best way to avoid over straining your body is to not over strain your body.
Keep yourself well nourished with healthy foods. Get good sleep and be consistent in sleep habits. And when your body tells you that you are too fatigued or you begin to feel pain, that's a huge red flag that you're over straining and you need to back off and rest a bit. Vitamins don't prevent over straining.

In brief: Use good sense
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. John Moor
Everyone wants a magic pill, but it doesn't exist. Health food stores will sell you all you want, but don't spend your last dollar. Pain is your body's signaling mechanism to stop. Anabolic steroids later destroy your body.
Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology
In brief: No
Vitamins won't allow you to avoid straining or improve your appearance after training.
Those goals are laudable but aren't necessarily dependent upon them. That being said, taking a daily multivitamin and some essential minerals are important for overall good health and specifically in the context of vigorous exercise.

In brief: No
Dr. James Henning
Dr. James Henning
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine