I have intermittant pain and numbness between my neck and shoulder. I'm on the computer a lot. Could that be the cause?

In brief: May be

Constant one position can cause excessive strain on some muscles and some people feel like numbness.
However cervical spine problem may be considered.

In brief: May be

Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Lawrence Kale
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Neck pain

It could be. Static postions like sitting for long periods in front of a computer, especially if your posture (head forward, shoulders rounded and back hunched) is also poor, can lead to what's known as myofascial pain.
If you don't have the symptoms at other times, then it's likely related to your "computer posture." if the symptoms are present at other times, then it could be another neck issue.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Lawrence Kale
Dr. Lawrence Kale