I would like a doctor to explain to me why i sometimes get a very fast heart rate after eating a meal particularly if its large.

Dr. Joseph Shen
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Endothelial Problem

Heavy meals can cause the cells covering the interior wall of arteries to become sluggishly and sticky, a condition called endothelial dysfunction.
This leads to decreases blood supply to the organs. In your case, the heart. The heart rate increase due to the increased demand without the appropriate supply of blood.

In brief: Endothelial Problem

Dr. Joseph Shen
Dr. Joseph Shen
Dr. George Mathew
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: SeeMD

U need to see u r md.

In brief: SeeMD

U need to see u r md.
Dr. George Mathew
Dr. George Mathew
Dr. Joseph Shen
Heavy meals cause endothelial dysfunction, I.e. the cells coveryong tye artery interior wall becames sluggish. This slows blood flow .
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology