Can glucophage (metformin) be used for weight loss? If it could be used what is the dose?

Let me explain. Glucophage (metformin) used for diabetes type ii, but also is been used for weight lose recently, because this drug lower the blood sugar it is wise to use the lower dose which is 500mg then see what happen, your doctor could monitor that and may increase it if he feel is not harmful for you.
not for wt loss. No metformin is not recommended and should not be used for weight loss it can cause unpleasant gastrointestinal side effects like bloating, gas, and diarrhea.It can not be used if your kidney functions are abnormal and it can sometime cause severe lactic acidosis.Some feel the weight loss effect may be due to GI side effects it is also used in polycystic ovarian syndrome as there Insulin resistant.