When im eating, after a few bites it feels like I can't swallow anymore and I have to drink a lot of water until it feels like a blockage is cleared?

Dr. Ray Holt
In brief: Stricture
You have a blockage in your esophagus.
You need to see a doctor soon to figure out why. It could swelling, spasm, scarring or a growth.

In brief: Stricture
You have a blockage in your esophagus.
Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Ray Holt
2 comments
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
An endoscopy is needed to tell what is going on. Cancer in the esophagus can have these same symptoms.
Dr. Matthew Keener
Also, please do not try to vomit up the food and let it go down over time. Over time self-alleviating the blockage could result in an esophageal tear which could be fatal.
Dr. TED FEDER
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Dry Mouth
Dry mouth will cause this condition.
Do you take antidiuretic medications or other medicines that dry you out? Talk to your physician and/or dentist.

In brief: Dry Mouth
Dry mouth will cause this condition.
Dr. TED FEDER
Dr. TED FEDER
Dr. Jack Hinkle