I have palpitation, shortness of breath and heart sinking feeling at times. My BP is generally low. What could it be ?

Dr. Jerome Zacks
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Premature beats

A sinking feeling is commonly felt by persons who have extrasystoles (premature beats).
In general, it's healthy to have a relatively low blood pressure (for example, a systolic blood pressure as low as 100), so long as it does not fall further when one stands up and provided one doesn't feel dizzy with a low blood pressure. The shortness of breath and palpitations merit a careful medical exam.

In brief: Premature beats

Dr. Jerome Zacks
Dr. Jerome Zacks
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine