I have 6 hemangiomas in my spine. The one at t9 is invasive covering over 99% of my disk. Should I get anything done to it. I get mixed answers. ?

Dr. Jon Spiers
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Sorry
You alone can decide whether you want to do what a doctor suggests.
Your doctor can suggest, but the decision and responsibility is yours alone. Hope this helps!

In brief: Sorry
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery
In brief: Not yet
Hemangiomas occur in 20% of the population and very few require treatment.
Very large hemangiomas have the ability to collapse if they occupy a significant area of the vertebral body and there is associated trauma to that area. See a spine specialist- orthopedic spine surgery or neurosurgeon for your treatment options and to decide if it's necessary.

In brief: Not yet
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Atif Haque
Neurosurgery
In brief: Spinal Hemangiomas
Spinal hemangiomas are almost always benign lesions incidentally found on imaging studies obtained for other reasons.
Rarely do they require any intervention. They tend to involve the vertebra (bone), so when you say "covering over 99% of my disk, " I am not sure what you mean.

In brief: Spinal Hemangiomas
Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Atif Haque