I have a lot of red spots on my chest and don't know what they are?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Angiomas

There are many different types of angiomas.
An angioma is a benign growth that consists of small blood vessels. These tumors can be located anywhere on the body. Some of the different types include spider angiomas, cherry angiomas, and angiokeratomas. The cause of most types of angiomas is not known.

In brief: Angiomas

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher

In brief: Could be many things

If you have had these for many years may be nothing but simple angiomas, it could also be an infection, ie folliculitis if this started recently.
Although less likely it may represent something more serious like your immune system attacking your body. Don't freak just make an appt with your primary care doctor and/or a dermatologist.

In brief: Could be many things

Dr. Dominic Ricciardi
Dr. Dominic Ricciardi