I'm trying to gain weight and I do have a ostomy bag which makes it hard to find something within my low fiber diet. Do you have any suggestions?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Increase calories

You are in a rare situation, needing to gain weight and having trouble doing it.
Slow down on your exercise, but don't stop. Increase your daily calories by adding three extra small meals (250 kcals) to your day. The free app called my fitness pal is very helpful to tract your calories. Go slowly, don't rely on sugary drinks or corn syrup, keep it balanced. Good luck.

In brief: Increase calories

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery