I have chronic dry eye after having lasik eye surgery a year ago, my doctor says he can put plugs in.. But should I ask first abot restacyst?

Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology

You may want to try a six month course of restasis.
Regeneration of corneal nerves cut during the lasik procedure may regenerate to the point that your reflex tearing may return to normal. If your symptoms recur after stoping restasis, plugs are probably indicated.

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: Sure

Punctual plugs, restasis, frequent artificial tear use, fish/flaxseed oil capsules, humidification of living environment air, spectacles with a wrap are among the usual treatment options for dry eye sufferers.
Hopefully you and your eye md will be able to determine what will work best for your needs.

In brief: Sure

Dr. Richard Witlin
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Yes.

If you have not tried treatment with restasis, you should.
Keep using artificial tears plus the restais. Plugs can also help if necessary.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Michael Ham
Omega 3's as an oral supplement can help and is over the counter. For example EVOA dry eye supplement or Thera tears nutrition.
Dr. Arnon Rubin